Skip to content

Animal Research Training

On this Page


The Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee requires that all personnel involved in animal use and research be appropriately trained and qualified. Personnel who will handle animals must complete hands-on training classes provided by University Laboratory Animal Resources.

Related FAQs

My research involves the use of animals, how do I get approval?

The Institutional Animal Care & Use Committee and the Office of Animal Welfare answer frequently asked questions, including the requirements for submitting a protocol to conduct animal research.

What is PennERA?

PennERA (electronic research administration) is a suite of web based applications to manage research administration tasks including proposal development, proposal tracking, human subjects and/or lab animal management, and idenitfying funding opportunities through the SPIN database.

View All FAQ's