Message from Senior Vice Provost Dawn Bonnell regarding Research Resumption: Phase III, Full Research Operations
Updated August 10, 2021
Penn is in full operation with requirements determined by federal, regional and university policies.
As of August 5, 2021:
- The University requires that all that all members of the Penn community and visitors wear masks while indoors, in public or in shared spaces.
- Exceptions to the masking requirement include single occupancy offices and shared spaces where 6ft distancing can be maintained.
- Physical distancing is recommended while indoors or outdoors. However there are no longer any density limitations.
- The University requires every member of our community to provide proof of vaccination.
- Instructions about providing proof of vaccination are on the Workday log in page.
- Twice-a-week testing is required for members of our community who do not provide evidence of vaccination.
- Use PennOpenPass to assess symptoms of and exposure to COVID-19
- The travel suspension has been lifted, but guidelines regarding vaccines and some international travel are found here.
- Visitors are welcome to campus and must comply with all Philadelphia health guidelines and policies.
- Schools may have specific guidance for some activities. Please consult with your school’s administration.