Hosting Foreign Scholars and Researchers
Penn fully supports the hosting of visiting scholars and researchers from abroad.
A few quick checks can help make foreign visitors time at Penn go smoothly, particularly for those working in STEM areas:
- Perform restricted party screening on both the individual visitor and the home institution/entity prior to issuing the invitation to visit Penn. Contact your BA to get the screening completed. You and /or your BA can consult Penn’s Office of Export Compliance (email@example.com) if there are any questions about the screening results.
- For assistance with visa sponsorship, contact Penn’s International Students and Scholar Services office.
- Ensure that confidential information / undisclosed IP is not shared without appropriate protections in place (Non-Disclosure Agreement or Participation Agreement).
- Contact Penn’s Office of Export Compliance if visitors will have access to projects with active Technology Control Plans.
- Make sure that any applicable technology control plans are followed.
- Foreign visitors who will be supporting a faculty member’s research endeavors should be disclosed as Other Support
Questions? Consult the Office of Export Compliance (firstname.lastname@example.org).