Reviewers should evaluate the proposals as rigorously as they would if reviewing for an external sponsor.
The University Research Foundation is a campus program dedicated to fulfilling the mission of the Penn Compact. The Penn Compact motivates community members to innovate, be radically inclusive, and positively impact their local, national, and global communities.
Your score for this application should be based upon significance, Investigator(s), Innovation, Approach, and Environment.
Other Evaluation criteria:
- Scholarly merit, creativity, impact, and innovation
- Investigator’s career trajectory
- Significance of the research
- Prospects for future extramural funding
- Matching support from other sources
- Career development at early stages of career
- Advancement of school or institutional objectives, such as interdisciplinary research
- Overall impact to investigator’s research program
- Undergraduate participation
RODG: A major consideration for the Opportunity Development Grants will be alignment with the specific goals of the grant program [refer to RODG and RODG2 Guidelines]
Scoring is a scale of 1-9.
Do not include funding recommendation. Please only summarize the proposal and critique it.
We would appreciate any constructive feedback for the applicants in the event that they would like to submit the proposals to external sponsors for further consideration. In addition, feedback would be helpful to applicants whose proposals are unfunded and would like to resubmit to the next URF cycle.
[SEZ TO UPDATE HOW/WHY WHEN DETERMINED]